Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Movie Review: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: the lightning thief

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (film)
Reviewed by Robert, Gr. 9

I had such high hopes for this movie after reading the entire Percy Jackson series, but I was severely disappointed by this movie. There should have been a warning before the film "Loosely Based on the Novel by Rick Riordan" or "A Highly Scripted and Revised Version of The Lightning Thief," would both be appropriate. The plot was very different and several characters were missing completely *cough "Clarise and Ares"* My advice, stick to the books and skip the movie. The movie was a lot less interesting and a lot less fun than the book. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree. I thought that the movie was very well done. Provided that there were some large differences in he plot line and not everything was as i imagined it, it was, in my opinion a very good translation because the differences that the things that were left out were made up for with changes that made sense and stayed true to the book. The only thing that truly bothered me was the camp set. I mean Zeus took pity on his daughter Thalia and turned her into a doorway??
*Jocelyn A.

Enter your email address to receive updates about new blog posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner