Saturday, December 12, 2009

Your Author's Favorite Author



Some of Chris Crutcher's favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, John Irving, Alice Walker, Christopher Paul Curtis, Maya Angelou, Pat Conroy, Tim O'Brien, Sherman Alexie.  Chris is the author of just a few books such as, King of the Mild Frontier (one of my favorite audio books!), Whale Talk and Stotan.  Chris' website can be found at http://www.chriscrutcher.com/.  (Miss. LaStella and myself got to meet him back in 2006.) 



Ellen Hopkins, author of Impluse and Burned, loves to read anything by Laura Weiss and Sara Zarr.  Ellen's website is http://www.ellenhopkins.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Catherine and I were just talking about the day she met Chris Crutcher. I got to see him at an event also and he is just so cool! If you haven't read Whale Talk, it's too good to miss!

Catherine said...

Chris Crutcher is one of my favorite authors! I love that he has changed my mind about reading sports stories. I always shyed away from those in the past. Most of his stories have an aspect of sports in them, but they are really so much more than that. Being a family counselor (aside from being an author) Chris writes characters and storylines that are so deep and so real that you emerge from the reading experience so much richer. His compassion both in his stories and whenever I've seen him speak (twice in person!) are so heartwarming- you can't help but like the man! And he's funny as all heck! Check out his auto-biography for an intense laugh from the first page to the last!!

Enter your email address to receive updates about new blog posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner